Board of Directors
Sign up for the Alliance Community Update
Vision, Mission, Goals and Guiding Principles
A state-of-the-art health care system that provides better care at a more affordable cost resulting in healthier people.
To build a strong alliance among patients, doctors, hospitals, employers, health plans and others to promote health and improve quality and affordability by reducing overuse, under-use and misuse of health care services.
- Improve the quality of health care provided throughout the five-county region.
- Improve the health outcomes for people living and working in the region.
- Slow the rate of increase in health care costs experienced by employers throughout the region.
- Improve the ability of patients and doctors and other health care professionals to become partners in managing and supporting good health.
- Promote and support evidence-based decision-making as the norm throughout the region.
- Develop a regional ethic that incorporates collaborative approaches into quality improvement.
- The use of collaborative approaches among employers, consumers, physicians, hospitals and health plans that reward high quality will improve health care in the region.
- The involvement of neutral and qualified experts in the measurement, analysis, and reporting of health care quality and cost performance are necessary build trust among all participants.
- The sharing of data in a regional public/private collaborative is essential for the Alliance's success.
- The increased use of evidence-based clinical decision guidelines and self-management tools for patients are vital to improving quality and containing costs.
- The implementation of quality improvement principles, tools, and techniques are fundamental to sustainable performance improvement.
Note: We do not accept funding or other donations that give special or exclusive preference, consideration, treatment, or value that provides commercial benefit to any individual, organization or segment of any industry. The Alliance has a policy on funding, contributions or collaborative programs involving commercial interests.